Monday, November 17, 2008

Scarf: FAIL

Oh boy am I a bad matchmaker. My latest project is a Ribs & Ruffles scarf. The yarn and the pattern go together about as well as ham and peanut butter on a sandwich. My original intentions were to knit a reversible cable scarf for a friend, and I really wanted to use a rust color yarn. Something pretty that matched the colors of the leaves outside. I got that much right, I like this rust color, it screams "fall", don't you think? Now, problem is, trying to make it in to the ribs and ruffles scarf, well it just reminds me of the old carpet in my parents house. Only shaggier! Yes, my parents have carpet this color, I have pictures to prove it. I had an interesting childhood. Anyhoo, I really like this pattern, just not with this yarn.

I am not sure if I should chalk it up to being a newbie knitter, or just having bad taste. Hopefully it is the newbie thing, but I am leaning towards the latter. Oh well, at least I admit it.

The photos actually make it look halfway decent, but you'll have to take my word for it, in person it's BAD. Shaggy and bad!

No comments: