Friday, September 26, 2008

Desperate Times Call for Ugly Yarn

First of all, I cannot get a decent picture of this scarf to save my life. I really don't mind the pattern. It is the Something-or-other with Warrick. Just search "Warrick" on Ravelry, it will bring it right up. I like it, it is a variation of a feather and fan pattern, really easy to remember and knit, I like it. The yarn, well, let's just say I am not amused. I have no idea what I was smoking when I bought this color. I thought it might make a cute hat, and it very well might, but a scarf, not so much. I am not a happy camper, but I am almost finished. Weird, huh? I had no other options. My stash is dwindling, WalMart sucks, and I had an entire season of Bones waiting for me online. Yes, I have just now discovered David Boreanaz. I don't know, he must've grown into that forehead of his. I never was fond of him as Angel, but as Seeley Booth...yum, that's all I'm saying.

I'm not sure of the fate of my Two Weeknights with Warrick scarf, but it will be completed, that's for sure. I need something to occupy my hands while watching TV. I can either finish the scarf or take up smoking. Perhaps I could learn to whittle like Uncle Jed. Nah, I have already severed the end of my finger once, something I'd prefer not to repeat. I could definitely see myself repeating this pattern with a better yarn in the future. I feel a trip to the LYS coming on!

No comments: